If you’re obsessed with beauty products like me, you probably have way too many to fit into a regular makeup bag and it’s no doubt your stash is stored perfectly in acrylic drawers or some form of IKEA dressing table/cupboards. I have to say my makeup storage is set up exactly that and as much as I love it, I think it’s still important to have a daily makeup bag. They’re essential for travelling and I like to keep the products I use on a daily basis together to save me some time in the morning. I thought I’d share some of my top makeup bag picks with you in case you’re looking to upgrade your current one and aren’t sure where to start.
1. Alphabet Bags Natural Wash Bag. I was recently sent one of these Alphabet makeup bags and I've been using it every day since as I love it so much. First of all - who doesn't want to be greeted with the message 'you look lovely today' and secondly, its just the perfect size to squeeze all of my most used makeup into to. I also love that its made from a natural canvas here in the UK and it has a waterproof lining to keep in clean. I think this is my favourite of the whole bunch!
2. ASOS Large Oval Makeup Bag. If its a cheap and cheerful makeup bag you're after - you can't go wrong with ASOS. They have a lovely rang of affordable makeup/wash bags and I particularly love this bright Orange one. It would bring a ray of sunshine to any dressing table!
3. Ted Baker Small Bow Wash Bag. I think these are pretty classic makeup bags and lots of bloggers seem to have them, myself included. I got one as a gift last Christmas and I'm completely in love with it. It fits a LOT of makeup it in (seriously, its like Mary Poppin's bag), its easy to keep clean and its so damn cute. I love the contrast between the pale pink and black bow - it looks so pretty sat on my dressing table.
4. Kate Spade New York Carlisle Street Small Annabella. I had to include this one even if it is a little bit more pricey as I'm a tad obsessed with all things Kate Spade at the moment. Everything from the phone cases to the handbags and makeup bags are super pretty and if I had some spare cash (which is a rarity), I'd be treating myself to the whole range of KS accessories! This polka dot makeup bag with the iconic gold spade harware is just too cute but for £75, its currently a touch out of my price range!
5. Vendula Penny-Farthings Cosmetic Bag. I was recently introduced to the brand Vendula and after having a little look through their website, I fell in love with this makeup bag. Everything from the soft neutral leather to the oval shape and scenic print is just perfect. The penny farthings print is so pretty and every time I look at it is reminds me of warm Summer nights walking through picturesque cobbled streets in a floaty Summer dress.
6. Happy Jackson Lovely Things Wash Bag. Since receiving a Happy Jackson notebook for my birthday, I've become a little bit obsessed with the brand. I love that they do a range of quirky bits and pieces including notebooks, mugs, lunch boxes and these cute makeup bags. I particularly love the one above because of the 'Lovely Things' print and the fact its made from a patent leather - easy to keep clean!
So there we have it - some pretty makeup bags that are perfect for storing the daily face stash! Which is your favourite? Can your recommend any others?
**Collaboration with Vendula. All opinions are my own.